Intermediate web designer
Mantis Digital is a rapidly growing Digital Agency focused on creating and maintaining high performance websites through user experience, focused design and continuous development (i.e. making damn good websites). We service a wide range of clients, from NGO’s to liquor and cosmetic brands to international FMCG’s.
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic intermediate web designer to join our growing digital agency. This role is primarily focussed on web and UX design but also has a small front end development component – it’s important that you understand the coding implications of your designs.
We have design and development pathways within the business for the right candidate, so there’s lots of room to grow in either direction!
We are looking for someone who is:
- A positive, can-do person
- Process driven
- Able to perform under pressure
- Keen to take the initiative
- A confident communicator
- Has a compelling portfolio
- Designing websites for our development team to build
- Wireframing and UX
- Some front end development (HTML, SCSS, JS… you know the drill)
- Assisting our design and development team with website creation and editing
- Using WordPress
- Image editing
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a digital agency
- Fluent English – the ability to communicate well is crucial
- Pedantic attention to detail and personal standards
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent time tracking/time management skills
- Not required but held in high regard:
- Exposure to WordPress
- SEO experience
Why work with us?
We really try hard to make our company abnormally good to work in – you have to spend a lot of time at work so it might as well be a great experience! To that end we’re proud to offer:
- Competitive salary and perks
- An inspiring heritage workspace in the vibrant Textile District in Parnell
- A caring, fun and dedicated team
- Varied and interesting work
- Autonomy and job ownership
- Flexible hours to cater to a healthy work life balance and extra curricular activities
- Electric scooters!!!
- Work from our Tauranga office every now and again in summer!
- Ongoing fiery internal debate as to the merits (or lack thereof) of Craft Beer
Please note: your application will not be considered if you do not have the right to work in New Zealand.