We have two core driving ambitions at Mantis Digital.
One is to be the best digital agency in New Zealand.
The other is to make it an abnormally good digital agency to work in.
We figure if you’re going to spend the lion’s share of your waking life at work we owe it to you to make it time well spent! We think and work really hard on how to make spending your time at Mantis Digital a truly enriching and fulfilling experience and you can read about how we realise that ambition below.
Thanks for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!
Garth and Justin, co-founders
We offer genuine work/life balance.
Lots of people talk about work/life balance but we put our money where our mouths are.
Flexible hours and remote working
We’re flexible about where and when you work and our philosophy is based on mutual respect – we respect you to get your work done and you do so in return – no micro management, no baby-sitting, just respect.
We started our careers in crazy agencies that ran on stress and pressure and vowed to not repeat that cycle when we started our own. We put systems and proper planning in place to ensure that our work is well scheduled and everything is under control. This is an all-nighter free zone!
Interesting and varied work for great clients
We love our clients and they love us! We do really interesting and challenging work for a great range of clients from FMCG’s businesses to NGO’s and other such acronyms.
The jobs are perky.
Industry beating pay
We only hire the very best talent and we’re proud to pay above industry rates accordingly.
The usual caffeine and coding clichés apply. We have an account with our favourite local cafe Red Rabbit so that you can get fired up as required.
We have regular staff lunches where we go out and eat all the tasty things.
Knowledge is power
We have a well stocked library that employees are free to borrow from with books ranging from the latest in web design standards to marketing, psychology, the odd graphic novel and of course obligatory complete Calvin and Hobbes compendium.
Generous referral programme
No matter what your role is, if you bring a client into the business you will be rewarded generously.
You'll be in (a) great company.
We think long and hard before bringing someone into the company as we prioritise building a team that not only works well together but also enjoy each other’s company. We’re proud to have brought an eclectic bunch of people together who get on really well, complement each other and build off each other’s strengths.
The spaces you inhabit make a big difference to your enjoyment of life and your workspace is no exception. We enjoy working in the beautiful heritage Textile Centre building in Parnell – high ceilings, exposed brickwork, high quality finishings.
The best equipment
We spare no expense when it comes to the tools you use – we all work on top of the line Macs and we buy any software needed, no questions asked.
Coming up together
We’re happy to nurture our employees to follow the career path and work they’re interested in and support their professional development accordingly.
Focus and process
We ensure that everyone has a very clear job description with clear responsibilities and accountabilities. Everyone knows what they’re meant to do and we defend their ability to do it by being focussed and process driven as a company.
We’re very much a checklist oriented company as they reduce slip ups and the stress that follows them!
Some of the brands you’ll work with.
Web designer/ front end developer hybrid
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic web designer/front end developer hybrid to join our growing digital agency. This role is primarily focussed on web and UX design but also has a front end development component – it’s important that you understand the implications of your designs and can even help build them as needed.
We have design and development pathways within the business for the right candidate, so there’s lots of room to grow in either direction!
We are looking for someone who is:
- A positive, can-do person
- Process driven
- Able to perform under pressure
- Keen to take the initiative
- A confident communicator
- Using WordPress
- Designing websites for our development team to build
- Wireframing and UX
- Front end development (HTML, SCSS, JS… you know the drill)
- Assisting our design and development team with website creation and editing
- Image editing
Skills and experience required:
- Solid digital design skills
- WordPress – you must be very comfortable working with WP and ideally Visual Composer
- Front end development
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a digital agency
- Fluent English – the ability to communicate well is crucial
- Pedantic attention to detail and personal standards
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Diligent time tracking and management
Not required but held in high regard:
Why work with us?
We really work hard to make our company abnormally good to be in – you have to spend a lot of time at work so it might as well be a great experience! To that end we’re proud to offer:
- Competitive salary and perks
- High end Mac equipment and any software you need
- Focus, process, low stress – we’re proud to run an organised, calm and productive agency
- An inspiring heritage workspace in the vibrant Textile District in Parnell
- A caring, fun and dedicated team
- Varied and interesting work for a wide range of clients
- Autonomy and job ownership
- Flexible hours to cater to a healthy work life balance and extra curricular activities
- Remote working on Thursdays and Fridays (control where you are 4/7 days a week!)
- Ongoing fiery internal debate as to the merits (or lack thereof) of Craft Beer
Please note: your application will not be considered if you do not have the right to work in New Zealand and/or are not currently here.
Digital Account Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated Digital Account Manager to help us keep our clients happy, grow the relationships and be the liaison between them and our team.
You need to be a ‘people person’, with a focus on and track record of opportunity identification and relationship building.
We are looking for someone who:
- is a positive, can do person
- is process driven
- is an exceptionally sophisticated communicator
- has a high emotional quotient
- is able to perform under pressure
- is keen to take the initiative
- understands websites and the Internet in general
- has evidence of relevant experience
- can write for business (i.e. you can write succinct, impactful emails)
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Client communication (meetings, phone calls, emailing)
- Solution design and value proposition
- Scoping and quoting
- Internal comms
- Competitive salary
- Generous commission structure
- Mac laptop
- Phone (and contract)
- Travel allowance
Why work with us?
- We work from an inspiring heritage workspace in the vibrant Textile District in Parnell
- We’re a caring, fun and dedicated team
- We do varied and interesting work for great clients
- You’ll have autonomy and job ownership
- We offer flexible hours and remote working to cater to a healthy work life balance and extra curricular activities
- You can work from our Tauranga office every now and again in summer!
- You can partake in an ongoing fiery internal debate as to the merits (or lack thereof) of Craft Beer
Please note: your application will not be considered if you do not have the right to work in New Zealand.