Who are ‘we’?
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’), we are referring to Mantis Digital Ltd and all its subsidiaries. Our headquarters are in Auckland but we service clients based both here and abroad.
We are website designers and developers. If you want to find out more about our services, click here.
How we collect your data
When you use our website or services, your personal data is collected in the following ways:
- Information you manually enter on our website or forms. For example, we ask for your contact information when we complete a proposal for you, respond to a job application or an email offer, if you follow our social media channels or contact us with support requests. If you don’t want to provide this data ,you don’t have to. However, this might limit the services we are able to offer you.
- Automatic Information collection: Some information we collect happens automatically as an outcome of you visiting our website or using or services. This is information like IP adress, device type, session time etc. We also track your behaviour on our websites and services (like Electronic Direct Mail) which shows us the pages you view and the route you take to get there. This data helps us to understand your useage of our website and services, and assists us in tailoring the user experience to (hopefully!) be better for you. Some of this information is tracked using tracking technologies like cookies.
- Third party information: we don’t buy data. Any information we source which is supplementary to what you provide us is collected from publicly available information repositories. We collect and use this information to better understand your needs and improve our service.
If we collect personal data, we use it in the following instances:
- To engage in a contract with you and honour our requirements.
- Where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or in accordance with a legal obligation, or where we have your consent.
If we don’t collect your personal data, our services that we are able to offer you may be limited.
If you don’t have a current (or historical) relationship with us and you feel you have had your details acquired without your permission, please let us know and we will remove your data.
How we use your data
We use your personal information to better tailor our website and services, and to maintain our relationship with you. This includes:
- Using the information we have to communicate with you, via email, phone or in person.
- Improving our service offering and products: for example, by analysing your use of our website and services so that we can iteratively improve our services.
- Guarding against security breaches by ensuring personal information is authenticated.
How we share your data:
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties in the following instances;
- If the third party is a subsidiary owned by Mantis Digital Ltd.
- If the third party provider or partner is critical to your websites function, i.e Plugin providers and software subscription services.
- Regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
- An actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business.
International Data Transfers
When we share data, it may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country you reside in. Some of our servers are based overseas, but our upstream providers have robust privacy protection which extends to your business.
We encrypt traffic to and from our website using SHA-256 with RSA Encryption. We do not store credit card details on-site; we use a tokenised payment system and credit card details are stored securely off-site by our 3rd-party payment gateway provider eWAY.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements)
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just click unsubscribe at the footnote of the email.
You also have rights to:
- Understand what personal data of yours we hold – and to ensure it is accurate.
- Request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to limit, or delete/remove what we have.
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to [email protected]